Every fundraiser, whether small or large, helps move us closer to treatments and a cure for NPD. Please consider what you, with the help of your family and friends, might be able to do to help advance our Quest for a Cure! We thank you for your support!
NNPDF receives financial support for its family services and research programs from individuals, families, and organizations that conduct fundraisers on behalf of the foundation. We are very grateful for this support. We encourage families to develop and conduct fundraising initiatives on behalf of NNPDF and we provide comprehensive guidance to help you get started.
Here are some of the support options the NNPDF has available for those wanting to fund raise on behalf of the NNPDF.
- Events Page – The NNPDF can publish your flier and event information across the NNPDF and CCNNPDF websites to help get exposure within the community.
- NPD Promotional Items – So many items available for your fundraising projects to help raise awareness and funds. These include wristbands, clothing, sports bags, clings and awareness materials.
- Sample of a Press Release – This can be customized and used to publicize your upcoming event. If you need assistance writing a press release for a fundraising or awareness event, please complete this press release information form and return it to the NNPDF Central Office.
- Getting Media Coverage – Use this guide for more help publicizing your event, including advice on writing press releases, letters to the editor, producing public service announcements, requesting proclamations, etc.
If you are planning an event, please contact the NNPDF Central Offices and let us know how we can help raise awareness of the fundraiser across our web and social media sites.
Recipe for Success
The National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation Development Committee came up with these “Recipe for Success” cards to make planning a fundraiser fun and easy!
These cards were contributed to by NPD families who not only host these events, but have valuable experience in implementing the ideas presented on these Recipes for Success!
Each card includes:
- A fundraising idea/example
- The things needed for planning the event, or in this case, ingredients
- A detailed description on how to make all your “ingredients” combine to create a fundraiser
- Contact information in case you need additional help or have questions for people who have successfully held these fundraisers!
Recipe for Success cards:
- How To Get Sponsors
- Awareness & Mailings
- Raffle & Auctions
- Garage Sale
- House Party
- Art Night
- Bowling Tournament
- Run/Walk Event
- Dance Party
- Children’s Carnival
- Penny Fundraising Drive
- Boutique Fundraiser
- Golf Tournament
- Some things to remember when starting a fundraiser