Special Equipment and Resources
Special Equipment and Resources
NNPDF Equipment Exchange Program
Do you have equipment needs, or equipment to share?
As NPD patient and family needs change, equipment may become available that could be used by another family. The NNPDF assists families who wish to donate this equipment to help others in need. Our goal is to ensure that all NPD families have access to equipment that they need to assist their loved ones affected by Niemann-Pick Disease.
The foundation will post descriptions of equipment available and facilitate any equipment requests.
Here’s how the program works:
Anyone who has equipment to donate to the program, or who has a need for equipment, should complete and submit a Equipment Donation/Request Form.
Due to the cost of shipping, participation in this Equipment Exchange program is limited to residents of North America. Families with a member affected by Niemann-Pick Disease who live outside North America may contact us and we may be able to make referrals to other sources for equipment needs.
For equipment to be donated, fill out the Equipment Donation/Request Form and fax or email it to the NNPDF office. Be sure to provide model numbers, a Web link to the product (photo and description) if possible, and any relevant measurements or details so that families will know specifically what is available, and for what size of child/adult it is appropriate. Include a digital photograph of the equipment if you can so we can post it on our website. Also, please include condition information on the item – use terms such as “new”, “like new”, “gently used”, “used”, “well-used”. Please do not offer items that are heavily soiled or are very worn. Be sure to provide full contact information so that an NNPDF staff member can contact you if there is question about, or a request for your item. The item will be posted on this page. Posting time will not be limited. Your contact and other information WILL NOT be posted on the NNPDF web site.
The NNPDF will facilitate communication among families donating equipment and families needing equipment when necessary. We are partnering with local and national distribution services to assist with shipping equipment to and from families at little or no cost. Call the NNPDF Central Office at 920-563-0930 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the program or need assistance with donating and/or requesting equipment. Completed forms may be faxed to the NNPDF Office at: 920-563-0931.
This Convaid Rodeo Tilt Pediatric Stroller is the transit model w/all attachments for bus transport, etc. Also includes a tray. Seat width is 14″, weight capacity is 100 lbs. All original paperwork is available for additional questions.
This shower chair/commode combo has been used and is being offered to a family in need of one to make life a bit easier.
Designed for a wide range of clients with varying abilities, Rifton Pacer gait trainers are renowned for their modular design, durability, and flexibility. When appropriately supported and positioned in a Pacer, thousands of people of all ages have enjoyed independence and improved strength and confidence.
This item is a medium model (24-34″) and has a weight limit of 150 lbs. Click here for additional product information.
For children ages 8 to 14 years old, the Crocodile gait trainer size 2 is expertly designed with an easy-to-fold, lightweight frame that is durable and rugged, yet sleek and attractive. The Crocodile gait trainer is a highly versatile piece of adaptive equipment that may be a perfect solution for schools or therapy clinics that need a device they can use for children with varying levels of walking abilities.
This gait trainer will support up to 99 lbs. (45 kg); Maximum target height is 59″ (150 cm). Click here for additional product information.
Pinterest Board Visit this page on the Laffoon family’s blog for lots of great ideas and products to help keep kids with reduced mobility, low muscle tone, or other special needs comfy and stimulated.
The following is a list of online resources for various adaptive appliances. Appearance on this list does not indicate endorsement by the NNPDF. Many additional such companies are available by searching online using the keywords indicated.
- Freedom Motors Adaptations for many makes and models
- Rollx Vans Wheelchair conversion vans; used inventory
- Volvo Cars Mobility Program Reimbursement incentives; no listing for used cars
- Braun Ability Chrysler, Dodge , GM, Toyota and Scion vehicles
- Handicap Vans – Mobility Rebates Buy direct and with discounts
- Eldorado Mobility – Amerivans Chrysler, Dodge and Toyota vans
- AMS Vans AMS Vans, Inc. – New and used wheelchair vans
- BLVD.com Lots of resources
Airway Clearance Vests
- MobilityWorks Converts any mini van and or full sized van into a wheelchair accessible car. It can be used on the van and then moved to stairs at the house or building
- Express Ramps Lots of options
- EasyStand This might be an item for schools or PT/OT who would like to purchase for the neuromuscular client
- Stand Aid This product might be considered for the person who still has some mobility for a toilet session all the way up to passive standing which helps in circulation
- Redman Power Chair This is a wonderful chair that goes into many different positions from upright/standing to full recline without the need for other chairs that do some but not all.
- SpinLife This is an all-terrain wheelchair for snow, sand, gravel etc. This might be useful for the family that wants to keep up with other sports the family enjoys.
- AbleData Site is good source of information about equipment for all needs.
- 101 Mobility Stair lifts, patient lifts, AryLift, ramps, etc.
- Etac Group Lightweight lift system that holds up to 300 plus pounds.
- Preferred Health Choice Lots of options
- Duraline Medical Products This site has total incontinent products from 10 pounds up to full adult size. New customers get a $25 coupon.